The Cradle of Liberty will hold its first Council Wide Merit Badge College on Saturdays February 22 and March 15, 2014 at the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades on RT 352 near the Granite Run Mall.
A scout will be able to earn up to four Merit Badges by:
- completing pre requisites in advance of the first session,
- completing additional requirements between the two sessions,
- and of course by attending and participating in the two Saturday class events.
Forty two badges are being offered including seven Eagle Required Badges, many STEM badges, and other seldom offered badges. There will be a limit of 280 scouts in the first year and 20 Scouts per Merit Badge Class. Registration will open on December 1, 2014. Register as soon as possible to ensure that you have the widest variety of class options.
The cost is ten dollars per scout and you will need to bring a bag lunch.
Click here to see a list of pre-requisites. (NOTE: This list is in progress and will be emailed to participants when complete. List last updated 12/2/13)
All questions can be directed to Steve Perrone, Cradle of Liberty Council Merit Badge Dean at [email protected]
IMPORTANT! READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING & ATTENDING:
- Scouts should wear their Field (Class A) Uniform during this event.
- All participants should pack a lunch as it is not provided. A lunch period MUST be taken in either the 3rd or 4th Period. Scouts who register for Merit Badge Classes during all five periods will be asked to correct their schedule or a class will be selected by event staff to be replaced by a lunch period.
- Registration is from 8-8:30 am on both Saturdays, please arrive on time to confirm your schedule and room assignments.
- All scouts must present a properly filled out blue card at the first session of each badge, including their Scoutmasters signature on the front.
- All scouts must have the Merit Badge Pamphlet for any badge they are taking and print and bring the Merit Badge workbook to the first session. All scouts should read the Merit badge Pamphlet prior to the first meeting. Should you need to purchase a Merit Badge Pamphlet, see www.colbsa.org/scout-shops/scout-shops.html
- All scouts must complete any prerequisites using the Workbook and recording the answers or discussions in that Workbook. Workbooks are available at www.meritbadge.org.
- All participants must attend both Saturday sessions, on February 22nd and March 15th. Participants will have the same schedule on both sessions (Session I and Session II for each badge).